Wednesday, September 24, 2008

eight is enough, or is it

At O'Dark-Thirty we headed out to the clinic. Funny...the appointment was for 7:15, but the didn't bring me back until almost 8:00. If they had made the appointment for 7:45, I could have slept for another half an hour. Sleep is very precious.

The surgery center in a different part of the building from the clinic. Tucked back in the corner. It's the same entrance as where all the boys head off for their, um, self-inflicted extraction. They finally got me into a little recovery area, where I stripped down and donned the incredibly comfortable but equally unflattering. They poked my hand and started dripping some stuff into it. After carting me into the surgery room, they switched my drip to the good, sleepy medicine, and soon I was waking up in the recovery room. It was quick, and easy, and not painful at all.
They got eight eggs. Don't know how many of them are mature...still don't know how many of them will divide. I was hoping there would be enough to freeze a few, but it's not looking too good.

I'm sitting on my couch, watching War Games with Matthew Broderick and Alley Sheedy. I never really thought he was that cute. I was head-over-heels with Rob Lowe. Had him all over my locker at school, and pictures of him on my pee-chees. Just hanging out with my hubby. Recovering from my "procedure," and waiting to hear what the docs say.

No comments: