Friday, August 21, 2009

Don't take your weight issues out on my baby!

There are six girls in my close circle of friends. Five of us had girls in the past year - isn't that crazy? For four of us, its our first baby. It's fun being the last as I have LOADS of hand-me-downs, we really haven't had to buy anything at all. It also kinda sucks being the last because LadyBug gets compared to all the other babies and their milestones.

She kicked their azzzes on her 2 month checkup. She's in the 97 percentile: 14 pounds, 2 ounces for her weight. She's 75% for height and 90% for her head. She's a BIG girl which is supposed to be good for brain development. She'll be very, very smart if its based on the size of her thighs and her wrist rolls! The doctors aren't worried, but my girlfriends seem to be. Most of their babies only weigh a few pounds more, and they are 4-10 months older. It's really hard not to compare and freak out a little, but I know she's just fine. BigB and I are both tall, and he was a big baby who thinned out as soon as he started crawling and walking. It's a teency annoying, though, when even strangers comment and say, "I just love a big baby!"

We went to a birthday party this week for one of our friends whose baby just turned one. I made her a special birthday cake and decorated it for the occasion. Here's a pic of it before, during, and after.

7 comments:

Jen said...

We all know the mantra of every baby is different but it is so hard NOT to compare. Ugh. Lots of little girls right around Jillian's age too.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Look at that mess!!Delish!
People and babies come in all shapes and sizes. Somebody has to be on the growth charts up there, right?? Our youngest was a big boy too, still is, our oldest is Mr.50th percentile. As long as they're healthy, who cares?
I had forgotten about competitive well child checks...

Unknown said...

ha! you think she's big, i bet myles will be around 16lbs when we go for his 2 month appt on friday! he's a porker, but he's a cute porker. we weighed him on our home scale 2 weeks ago and he was 14lbs. but i know what you mean about comparing and i'm guilty, as charged, but i agree with you - if your doc ain't worried then fugetaboutit!!

ME said...

oh, btw, that was from me, not wade - he was logged in for some reason, but he TOTALLY agrees with me anyway, haha

areyoukiddingme said...

Big babies are good! They need that fat for brain development, and once they start moving, a lot of that melts away and you have to work hard to keep up. My girl is almost 3 and she still eats something every 2-3 hours.

The cake is beautiful and it looks like it was tasty too!

tryingin2007 said...

what a great cake!

I'm also a mom of a "chubster." I constantly get fat comments and it makes me nutty. your daughter is perfect the way she is!

:)

Anonymous said...

fat = flava

don't fret. she's gonna be thin like you. and her personality? i bet she'll be a spitfire, flame broiled, kickin' ass 'n takin' names kinda gal. we'll be besties.