Saturday, October 20, 2007

No Double Line

Pulled out the first P-test this morning. I suppose it was a little premature. I pee'd on the little stick, and we both waited in our tiny, cramped bathroom to see if a second line would appear.

This particular test, only takes one minute, so we didn't have to wait long. I felt like I was standing in front of a slot machine going, "joker, joker...." and just waiting for the third one to appear to win the jackpot. There was just one line, and we needed one more - but it never appeared.

We waited an extra minute just to be sure. But no damn second line.

There's still hope. I suppose. I guess sometimes it takes a few days until your body has created enough hCG hormones to trigger the test. My basil body temperature is still high, and my monthly visitor hasn't arrived, so we'll see what tomorrow will bring.

This morning we went to a pumpkin patch with friends. They have four kids under the age of eight. They are really great kids - well mannered, sweet, considerate, and cute as buttons. My mind wandered more than once, thinking that maybe we would be watching our kids tromp through muddy fields in a few years.

No comments: