Monday, October 22, 2007

Sleep, Please

It's 3:30 a.m. and I'm sitting on my couch, crying. No, my period hasn't arrived yet. But neither has a full-night of sleep. In the last week I don't think I've gotten more than 3 hours in one night. It's starting to really get to me.

This isn't anything new, I've had problems with insomnia since I was a teenager, but with the added stress of waiting to see if I'm pregnant, I'm just a huge emotional train wreck.

On top of that, I've had a cold for two weeks. I just can't kick it without sleep. All the elements for The Perfect Storm. I should probably wear a big sign around my neck that says, "Keep clear - 10 feet in all directions."

Of course, with nothing else to do at this ungodly hour, I've been surfing the web, reading all the postings by women, wondering if they're pregnant, too. Some of them have been trying for so long, and doing such crazy things to make it happen. I sincerely pray I don't have to go that far.

Then of course there's the 14-year olds who wonder if they're pregnant because they french-kissed their boyfriend...

No comments: