Monday, August 16, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a heartbeat

So, I weasled my way into seeing Itty Bitty doc a week early. I just could-not-stand-it another minute. Even though I am SO sick, and have been every day for the past MONTH, I had, of course, convinced myself that I was un-pregnant. That something had gone awry. That the miracle status of my womb was in fact temporary and no longer occupied with a little tiny beginning of baby #2.

But, we saw the heartbeat. We didn't hear it, but we saw it, up on the big screen, fluttering away. SIGH OF RELIEF. I know we're not totally out of the woods, but it measured the right size and there was a definite tiny little heart doing its thing. And the little black and white grainy picture the doctor gave us is on the fridge to remind us that it's there (as if my constant nausea wasn't enough).

It's all so surreal. We've told just a few people, and it's almost as if I'm watching a movie of someone else. My mom is beside herself. Can't believe it. I just pull my shirt tight around my ever expanding belly and say, "believe it!" Because I have totally popped already. I'm trying to keep everything on the down-low for another few weeks, but the muumuu shirts are kinda a dead giveaway, don't you think?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Woohoo!!!

AmyG said...

Love that twinkle! WOOT!

sarah said...

Yes!!

Its amazing how such a crappy picture can send your heart soaring. :)

areyoukiddingme said...

What a relief! I don't know how people get through without seeing that little flicker...